SPEL is one of the partners of the CICADA Project. The project will be implemented from 2019 to 2021 and will cooperate with partners from Cyprus and Greece.
The project will depart from the mapping of children’s and youngsters’ perspective on their quality of life and develop a training package for teachers and educators on how to address children’s quality of life challenges and facilitate their participation in decision-making related to their life status.
The project has three main goals:
• inform policy about existing and emerging good practices , challenges and opportunities across the partner countries, regarding children’s and youngsters’ quality of life;
• offer recommendations for future provision and services in the light of Article 31 of the UNCRC;
• support agencies in designing appropriate, inspiring and creative environments and frameworks meaningful to children and youngsters.
The final results will be:
• empower trainers and educators, target groups and stakeholders to improve their structures and institutional culture regarding children’s life quality;
• strengthen partner networks;
• provide insights on challenges, strengths and weaknesses of the children and youngsters’ quality of life;
• enhance the knowledge of all professionals working with children regarding their social interactions, needs and expectations;
• develop a common governance approach to children’s quality of life at regional, national and EU level;
• bridge the gap between children’s needs and decision-makers;
• a free bank of resources and tools for continuous training.
|Acronym||CICADA - KA201|
|Title||Children's life quality: participation, recreation and play - CICADA|
|Key Action||Strategic Partnerships for School Education|
|Coordinator||University of Cyprus (Cyprus)|
|Partners||Panepistimio Kritis (Greece);
CSI Center for Social Innovation Ltd. (Cyprus);
SPEL - Sociedade Promotora de Estabelecimentos de Ensino, Lda. (Portugal);
Ministry of Education and Culture (Cyprus)