SPEL is one of the partners of the European Project ForestFireProtection – Training for self-protection against forest fires in rural areas, which will be implemented from 2021 to 2023. The partnership includes partners from Germany, Spain, Greece, Italy, Turkey and Portugal.
This project aims at accomplishing the following main objectives:
• Train people in the rural areas and neighbouring regions on “how to act in case of a fire”;
• Transfer skills on fire prevention to rural area populations;
• Consolidate actions to increase the resilience to forest fires in rural areas;
• Contribute to forest and life preservation;
• Increase the safety of populations by implementing readiness programmes dedicated to civilians; and
• Create 1 training module and training materials on self-protection against forest fires and on forest fire prevention.
The project will produce the following main results:
• Creation of 1 training module with 3 units on introduction to forest fire, fire prevention, and self-protection against fire;
• Creation of a training platform hosting the modules and the training materials free of charge and in OER format;
• Development of high-quality skills and competencies on self-protection in forest fires and prevention of those fires;
• Creation of a network of cooperation for consultancy in civil protection among partner countries;
• Publication on the actions of the project and detailed impact analysis.
||Training for self-protection against forest fires in rural areas|
|Key Action||KA220-ADU - Cooperation partnerships in adult education|
|Partners||L4Y Learning For Youth GmbH (Germany)
C.I.P. Citizens In Power (Cyprus)
Growth Coop S.Coop.And (Spain)
Buyuk Ortadogu Saglik Ve Egitim Vakfi (Turkey)
Kentro Merimnas Oikogeneias Kai Paidiou (Greek)
Sociedade Promotora De Estabelecimentos De Ensino Lda (Portugal)
Ovar Forma – Ensino e Formação, Lda (Portugal)